Every company aspires to appear on the first page of Google search results. It’s a desirable location, which is why firms are willing to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for first-page real estate on the internet.
You can demand any amount if you are a digital marketer who can get any of your clients on the first page of Google. Unfortunately, making it happen is not straightforward, and there are numerous circumstances that must align in order for it to happen. @9 SEO Tips For Boosting Traffic
Even in the year 2023, search engine optimization remains one of the most important factors in a company’s ability to rank highly in search engine results. There are so many things you must do without fail to be SEO-ready, from image optimization to making your website mobile-first.
In this article, we’ll look at nine SEO tips for increasing website traffic in 2023.
1. The User’s Perspective
The goal of user experience design is to appeal to the emotions of website visitors. In a nutshell, it entails making others happy and favourably influencing their behaviour.
The obvious question is, though, how is SEO related to UI/UX?
When a visitor arrives on your website as a result of your SEO efforts, a positive user experience will encourage them to stay longer on the site and eventually convert.
People who are knowledgeable with your industry, such as your target clients, will use distinctive styles and terminology to describe your services and products. This is where combining a UX and SEO strategy will pay off big time. The UX designer must guarantee that the website’s flow and content are well-designed for the user. When you continually discovering ways to improve it, UX and SEO work together as a strategy.
According to Neal Taparia, the founder of the brain training platform SolitaireBrain, creating metrics to gauge UX is a good idea. “An increasingly crucial SEO signal is keeping users on your site. Search engines want to know that the sites they’re surfacing are ones that people want to visit. We track and manage our solitaire games’ bounce rate constantly because it not only boosts engagement but also increases search finding.”
2. Snippets of Interest
Featured Snippets are the short text snippets that appear on top of Google’s search results. Because of where they show in your search results, they are unique. Any marketer worth their salt would want their material to be highlighted as a snippet.
Definitions, tables, lists, or steps could be included in the featured snippet. It is also known as “Position #0” because it appears above the first result in Google’s search results.
When someone Googled ‘how to create a business,’ you can see the featured snippet in the image above.
Featured snippets are useful for website visitors because they allow them to receive a quick glance of the content without having to go through all of the other search results.
It will provide the business whose site is featured a lot of exposure and make them look respectable — all without spending any money on ads.
Here’s what you can do to increase your chances of being featured in the featured snippets:
- Find out what your competitors’ featured snippets are using tools like SEMRush and Ahref.
- Paragraphs, Lists, and Tables are the three main types of featured snippets.
- Use keywords that visitors are most likely to type into a search engine.
- Respond to questions about your industry.
- Make use of headings, photos, and videos.
- Make a section dedicated to “how-to” information and tutorials.
3. Analysis of Competitors
The goal of competition analysis is to reverse engineer the most effective aspects of your competitors’ search engine optimization strategy. It entails looking into what is already working for them in terms of links, content, and keywords.
For 10-20 of your most popular keywords, find out who your rivals are. Keep track of everything and keep an eye on the websites that keep popping up for the most common keywords. They’re your genuine SEO adversaries.
Determine which keywords your competitors rank well for but you don’t. Analyze how your competitors rank for certain keywords and see where you rank for them. Also, find out what your competitors’ best material is and how they share it.
4. Use the right keywords to focus on the user’s intent.
The natural impulse when targeting keywords is to aim for those with the biggest search volumes, but it is more vital to determine the intent behind a search. According to research from the University of Hong Kong, search intent can be divided into two categories:
- People looking for information on the keyword they typed in
- A user seeking more general knowledge about a subject.
A specialized search has a focused intent and the user isn’t seeking for anything else, but a general search has the user looking at other similar topics.
Businesses may increase sales, attract more traffic, drive more sales, and generate more leads by utilizing keyword intent for intent-driven marketing.
5. Content Updates on a Regular Basis
Fresh content and new sources of information are available for search engines when your website is frequently updated. As a result, the web crawler of the search engine will find and access the updated material. This will increase the indexability of your website, allowing you to get higher ranks with new material.
When you update your website with new content or regurgitate old content, search engines notice, and as a result, when you check your website’s Google rankings, you’ll notice a shift in your website’s position.
Write material for the reader, not for the search engines. Don’t forget to include meta tags, title tags, and descriptions, but make sure they sound genuine.
“Use non-traditional opportunities to market your content,” suggests David Cacik, Head of Marketing at CloudTalk. Of course, the content should be optimized and prepared for SEO, but distribution should not be overlooked. There are numerous channels that, when properly utilized, can provide you with a significant amount of valuable traffic. Platforms like Quora and GrowthHackers should be included in your content distribution strategy to increase the number of visitors to your website and, as a result, the likelihood of conversion. “Isn’t that what we’re all saying?”
6. Incorporate Contextual Links
Backlinks were once the most important factor in SEO. Thankfully, things have changed, and Google has begun to value contextual links more. Links that point to pertinent text and information and are incorporated inside your content are highly valued. You’ll get greater traffic, visibility, credibility, and authority as a result of it.
You can increase the number of contextual links you have by performing the following:
- A effective link-building tactic is guest blogging.
- Obtaining links from high-authority niche-specific websites
- Obtaining editorial links from reputable publications such as Entrepreneur, Forbes, and Inc Magazine
- Getting relevant magazines to interview your leadership team
- Finding and repairing broken links on high-quality websites with your contextual links
7. A mobile-first strategy
For indexing and ranking, Google employs a mobile version of your content. Your website may not even be crawled by search engines if you do not take a mobile-first approach.
You may accomplish mobile-first indexing by doing the following:
- Make sure the content, photos, and videos on your mobile version are of good quality.
- On both the mobile and desktop versions, use the same structured data markup.
- Make sure the titles and meta descriptions for both versions are the same.
- Make sure to add your social metadata in the mobile version as well.
- If you want search engines to index your mobile site, its user experience is critical.
- Keep an eye on user-friendliness in everything from mobile menus to design patterns.
8. Image Enhancement
Pictures are more powerful than words because they bring the text to life. This is why, while creating a blog article or other piece of information, you should use relevant photographs whenever possible. The photos you use should offer value to your text and draw readers in.
Images should be well-optimized and placed in the appropriate context. The file size, as well as its length and breadth, should be in accordance with the website’s design and layout.
Here are five methods for optimizing photos for SEO:
- Select the appropriate file format. For photos with a lot of colour, use JPEG, while for plain images, use PNG.
- For image optimization, use Yoast SEO, ShortPixel, ImageRecycle, Optimus Image Optimizer, and TinyPNG WordPress plug-ins.
- After you’ve optimised your images, use the following tools to test your website’s page loading times:
- GTMetrix, WebWait, Pingdom, and WebPageTest.
- Use alt tags, make the image title more descriptive, include captions, and use original photos.
- Structured data on your photographs aids in the display of your images as rich results in search engines.
9. Don’t Forget About The Low Hanging Fruit In Local Search
Businesses need to be online practically all of the time now. Local businesses are also interested in a piece of the action. Local companies are attempting to rank in search results, bringing local search into the mainstream. Local SEO is advantageous to a company that has a physical location or provides services in a specific geographic area.
If you search for “packers and movers in San Diego” in the example above, you’ll see pages that are optimised for local search at the top of the results. When compared to broad search, the beauty of local search is that competition is quite low.
Here are some things a company may do to show up in local searches:
- Choose the right category for your company and use keywords in the description and content.
- Create content that is relevant to your company.
- Use title tags and meta descriptions to your advantage.
- Obtain contextual links from websites that are both local and industry-related.
- Increase the number of times your company is mentioned in local magazines or on government websites.
- Create landing pages for keywords and phrases that you want to target.
- Use Google My Business and all of its capabilities to your advantage.
- Obtain citations for your local company.
If you want to take your business to the next level, search engine optimization is going to be an important factor in making that happen. When you are looking at increasing your website’s organic reach, some of the above steps we have mentioned are good to start with. But once you have found a footing with your SEO results, you might want to dive deeper to maximally benefit your business.
Remember — SEO is not a one-time thing to ‘do and forget’’. Rather it’s an ongoing process that gives the highest return on investment compared to any other marketing strategy.